TOWN OF NEWMARKET
Environment Canada has issued an extreme heat warning for this weekend. Residents can cool down at a Newmarket facility listed below during regular business hours:
- Magna Centre (800 Mulock Dr.): Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ray Twinney Complex (100 Eagle St. West): Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday (July 20 Only) from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday Closed
- Newmarket Public Library (438 Park Ave.): Monday - Closed; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m.
Residents can also beat the heat by visiting one of Newmarket’s public swimming pools for public swim:
- Indoor Pool: Ray Twinney Complex (100 Eagle St. West): Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday Closed
- Indoor Pool: Metro Aquatic Centre at the Magna Centre (800 Mulock Dr.): Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 10:45 a.m. to noon, Tuesday and Thursday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tim Hortons Water Feature at Riverwalk Commons (200 Doug Duncan Drive): Monday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (no admittance fee)
- Gorman Outdoor Pool (424 D’Arcy St.): Monday to Friday from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rogers Spray Pad (170 London Rd.): Monday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (no admittance fee)
- Frank Stronach Spray Pad (850 Memorial Circle): Monday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (no admittance fee)
*Please note that regular swim fees apply to all pools listed above.
The Town reminds residents that the best defence against heat-related illness is prevention. Take precautions when going outdoors, limit heat exposure if possible and stay hydrated. For more tips on extreme weather, visit newmarket.ca/extremeweather
For information about heat-related illness prevention tips, visit York Region’s website at york.ca
For information on additional swimming schedules, please call the Town at 905-895-5193 or visit newmarket.ca.