YORK REGIONAL POLICE
Investigators with the York Regional Police #4 District Criminal Investigations Bureau have arrested and charged a 27-year-old man following a shooting that occurred in the City of Vaughan.
On Friday, May 21, 2021, at 4:40 p.m., officers responded to a weapons call at an automotive service business located in the area of Islington Avenue and Highway 7 in Vaughan. Officers arrived on scene and learned the 27-year-old suspect attended the location and pointed a firearm at a 42-year-old victim, demanding keys for a vehicle. The suspect then dragged the victim to another nearby business where he pointed his firearm at a second 45-year-old victim. The suspect fired shots and then fled from the scene. Fortunately no one was injured.
Through the investigation, officers identified the suspect connected to the incident.
On May 22, 2021, the suspect was located and arrested in Niagara Region. He has been charged with several criminal offences.
- Chris Fosu, 27, of Toronto
- Attempt murder
- Possession of a weapon
- Careless use of firearm/weapon/ammunition
- Discharge a restricted firearm with intent x2
- Possession of a prohibited firearm/weapon with ammunition
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Pointing a firearm
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order x2
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Fail to comply with release order
- Possession of cocaine x2
- Possession of fentanyl
Investigators are asking any witnesses who may have been in the area at the time who have not yet spoken to police to please come forward. They are also seeking any video surveillance from the area.
This investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact York Regional Police #4 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 1-866-876-5423, ext.7441, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.