YORK REGIONAL POLICE
Investigators with the York Regional Police #1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau have arrested and charged two people in connection with a series of crimes in the Town of Newmarket.
The incidents began on April 29, 2021, at approximately 6 a.m., when a victim reported their vehicle was stolen from a driveway on Ross Patrick Crescent. The suspects proceeded to use the stolen vehicle on a crime spree of thefts from vehicles and other offences, including an additional theft of a vehicle.
The suspects entered at least 10 vehicles that investigators are aware of and any valuables found were stolen. Credit cards stolen from several of the vehicles were then used to make fraudulent purchases.
Officers were able to identify the suspects and they have been charged. The investigation remains ongoing.
- Holly Kimbell, 35, of Newmarket
- Ian Vanheeswyk, 40, of Newmarket
- Conspiracy to commit indictable offence
- Theft of a motor vehicle (x2)
- Common nuisance
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 (x2)
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 (x6)
- Theft under $5,000 (x4)
- Mischief under $5,000 (x2)
- Theft of credit card (x3)
- Use of credit card (x3)
- Fraud under $5,000 (x3)
- Operation while prohibited
- Fail to comply with probation (x2)
- Fail to comply with undertaking (x5)
- Fail to comply with release order (x5)
Investigators are appealing to anyone who was a victim of a theft from their vehicle who have not reported the incident yet to please come forward.
York Regional Police is reminding citizens of our Lock It or Lose It safety tips. Protect your vehicle and belongings by remembering to lock your vehicle doors, never leave valuables or spare keys inside the vehicle, and park in your garage or in a well-lit area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police #1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7141 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-tips or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.