YORK REGIONAL POLICE
York Regional Police is encouraging all York Region residents to support the 2018 Holiday Heroes campaign to help families in need during the holidays.
This year's campaign will run from Nov. 15 to Dec. 14 and 100 per cent of donations directly support families from our community who are in need.
Our collaborative efforts with our generous corporate partners, will provide holiday cheer to the thousands of families who have registered for assistance through local Salvation Army programs and Victim Services of York Region. Visit yrp.ca to see the list of our 2018 partners.
New this year, anyone can be a holiday hero by making an online donation.
Financial donations made online are versatile in the sense that they can be used to buy groceries and other items that are desperately needed but are not commonly donated in a toy drive.
Members of the public can also participate by dropping off new unwrapped toys, new children's clothing, gift cards, Canadian Tire money or monetary donations at any York Regional Police facility:
- #1 District Headquarters - 240 Prospect Street, Newmarket
- #2 District Headquarters - 171 Major Mackenzie Drive West, Richmond Hill
- #3 District Headquarters - 3527 Baseline Road, Sutton
- #4 District Headquarters - 2700 Rutherford Road, Vaughan
- #5 District Headquarters - 8700 McCowan Road, Markham
- York Regional Police Headquarters - 47 Don Hillock Drive, Aurora
- Community Resource Centre – 10720 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill
York Regional Police will also be out in the community throughout the campaign accepting donations. The dates and locations can be found by visiting our events calendar.
Since the launch of Holiday Heroes in 2008, York Regional Police has raised more than $1.2 million in monetary donations, new toys, new children's clothing and food.
As always, all donations raised in York Region, stay in York Region. A special thanks to members of our community as these goals could never have been achieved without the generosity and support from the public.