What’s better than a cookie that tastes good? A cookie that does good! Tim Hortons Smile Cookie campaign is back supporting charities in communities across the country, including Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation in Newmarket – one of 550 Canadian charities, hospitals and community programs supported through the annual campaign.
For one week, from Sept. 16 to 22, restaurant owners donate the full $1 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased to support charities in their community.
This year, Tim Hortons restaurants in Aurora, Newmarket and East Gwillimbury are generously supporting Southlake, including both locations inside the hospital. Funds raised will support the most urgent needs at our hospital, new and replacement equipment that is not funded by the government.
“We’re excited to participate in the Smile Cookie campaign again this year. It’s such a pleasure to partner with Southlake Foundation in support of the best possible health care for families right here in our communities. Our team members craft each Smile Cookie with care and are proud to serve them to guests who come in throughout the week to support such a great cause, ” said Jim Alexander, a Tim Hortons restaurant owner in Newmarket.
The funds raised go to basic yet vital items, such as hospital beds and IV poles, to advanced tools, technology and surgical equipment — all things that the expert teams at Southlake rely on to provide leading-edge care close to home for more than 1.5 million people across York Region, south Simcoe County and as far north as Muskoka.
“We are proud and excited to be partnering with Tim Hortons for this year’s Smile Cookie campaign. These funds will make a tremendous impact on patients and families in the many communities we serve, and we are so thankful to those supporting for helping us provide leading-edge care close to home for everyone who relies on us," said Susan Mullin, president and CEO of Southlake Foundation "The Smile Cookie campaign is a great example of how a small donation can make a big difference."
“The real magic behind the Smile Cookie campaign is the local impact and we’re excited to be able to support local charities, hospitals and community programs again this year. Our guests, restaurant owners and their team members can feel incredibly proud knowing that the money raised during the campaign directly supports local Tim Hortons communities,” said Mike Hancock, chief operating officer of Tim Hortons.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts:
- In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada
- For over 23 years, we’ve been spreading smiles — the Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- The Smile Cookie campaign has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
- Nationally, Tim Hortons restaurant owners support 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign.
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons & @southlakefndn
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @SouthlakeFndn
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & @SouthlakeFoundation
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons & @southlakefoundation
- Visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign