Southlake Regional Health Centre has launched a dedicated website for up-to-date news on its push to become one of the province’s new Ontario health teams.
The Southlake Community Ontario Health Team, as it’s known, promises to make it easy for residents to offer feedback and take part in community meetings as the local hospital and its health care partners shape a vision of how health care could be delivered locally.
The proposed Southlake community team is led by Newmarket’s hospital and includes 11 community health care partners who will work together to provide a wide variety of services as one organization. They include Community and Home Assistance to Seniors (CHATS), Canadian Mental Health Association York and South Simcoe, Extendicare, Bayshore Health Care, LOFT, and more.
The proposed new team envisions a local health care system that:
- Provides coordinated care for patients, reduces wait times, and leads to better health outcomes at the population level;
- Takes the guesswork out of navigating the health care system for patients, families and caregivers;
- Improves access to secure digital health tools, including online health records and virtual care options;
- Reduces clinician burnout (a health care system that also cares for the people who care for patients) and;
- Improves efficiency and lays the foundation for sustainability into the future.
You can get up to speed on where the local health team is in the planning process, what it means to you and your family, how accessing health care services may be different in the future, and ways you can contribute your thoughts on the subject at upcoming community engagement sessions.The new website caters to residents and health care providers alike. Click here for more information.