TOWN OF NEWMARKET
The Town of Newmarket invites Newmarket residents and the community to get involved by attending the town’s annual community open house on Wednesday, April 3 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the municipal offices (395 Mulock Dr.).
Stop by and learn what Newmarket has planned for 2019, and beyond, for a chance to win a $100 recreation and culture credit that can be used toward any Town of Newmarket Recreation and Culture program.
What: The community open house will provide residents with an opportunity to learn more and provide their feedback on the Town’s current programs and initiatives, such as:
- Meet Newmarket’s new Chief Administrative Officer, Jag Sharma
- The vision for the Mulock Property
- Job creation and Economic Development
- Newmarket’s smart water meter program
- Reviewing proposed regulations to Newmarket’s smoking by-law for cannabis, tobacco and vaping
- York Region’s forcemain twinning project
- Newmarket’s energy efficiency retrofit program and more
The Town of Newmarket’s vision is to be a community that is well beyond the ordinary. Residents are invited to get involved in town initiatives, to help further enhance overall community engagement.
Our mission, to make Newmarket even better, focuses on continuous improvement where Newmarket’s team of dedicated staff constantly look for ways to improve, go the extra mile and better serve the community. This is reflected through our core values – Courage & Creativity, Respect & Integrity, Accountability & Accessibility and Excellence.
There are various opportunities for residents to get involved with the town, including attending Newmarket Council and Committee meetings, public information centres, participating in online surveys and more. Visit newmarket.ca to learn more about community engagement.