Get your lawn chair and snacks. Moonlight movies are coming soon to a park near you.
Throughout the month of August, the Town of Newmarket will be showing a number of family-friendly movies at parks throughout town. The first one is taking place Aug. 10 at Marilyn Powell Park on London Road.
The movie playing on the inflatable screen that night is The Bad Guys, an animated film that came out earlier this year. It starts at 8:45 p.m., around the time when it gets dark out.
There will be a different movie or two playing every week after than for the entire month of August.
If you are planning to attend one of the moonlight movies, the town recommends bringing a blanket or lawn chair to sit on, snacks and drinks, a flashlight, and bug spray. Washrooms or porta-potties will be available at each site.
The movies are free to attend and the series is presented by TD.
Here is the entire lineup of moonlight movies this August:
- Wednesday, Aug. 10: The Bad Guys at 8:45 p.m. in Marilyn Powell Park
- Tuesday, Aug. 16: Tom and Jerry: The Movie at 8:30 p.m. in Ken Sturgeon Park
- Wednesday, Aug. 17: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 at 8:30 p.m. in George Richardson Park South
- Tuesday, Aug. 23: Jungle Cruise at 8:30 p.m. in Dr. Margaret Arkinstall Park
- Wednesday, Aug. 24: Encanto at 8:30 p.m. in Environmental Park
- Tuesday, Aug. 30: Luca at 8:15 p.m. in College Manor Park
- Wednesday, Aug. 31: Monsters Inc. at 8:15 p.m. in Dennis Park