The 2019 Magna Hoedown kicks off today with its annual Showdown country music talent competition for a grand prize valued at $25,000.
Aspiring musical artists can apply May 21 to July 19 for the Ontario-wide contest that offers them a chance at performing at the Hoedown in front of 5,000 country fans, as well as a recording package.
The Showdown's celebrity judges include Joan Kelley Walker and Beverley Mahood.
The Magna Hoedown takes place Friday, Sept. 13 and Saturday, Sept. 14, marking the 31st year for York Region's largest annual fundraiser, with more than $13 million raised for hundreds of local charities, non-profits and community groups since the first backyard party hosted by Magna founder Frank Stronach.
The Magna Hoedown Showdown grand prize includes:
- A $2,500 cash prize;
- A Yamaha guitars package;
- A $2,500 styling and gift card package from Upper Canada;
- A minimum of two days of recording at Metalworks Studios;
- The Ultimate Artist Package with professional management, coaching, styling, and song-writing by industry professionals and;
- The opportunity to perform at the Magna Hoedown Sept. 14.
For more information or to apply, visit www.hoedown.ca/showdown