Skip to content

Good morning, Newmarket! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

USED 2019 12 28 tree gate DK
A fallen tree trunk creates a natural gateway. Debora Kelly/NewmarketToday

Today will be mainly cloudy with a 70 per cent chance of flurries changing to a 30 per cent chance of flurries near noon.

Winds coming from the west at 20 km/h and gusting to 40 but then becoming light near noon.

Expect to reacha high of zero with a morning windchill of -7C.

Tonight will stay partly cloudy but becoming cloudy overnight.

Winds lighter now and gusting at up to 15 km/h.

The low will be -5C with an evening windchill of -11C but temperature rising to plus 2C by morning. 

Don't forget to check on the latest local gas prices, which are also listed on this page.



Chance of showers

Chance of showers

19.3°C

Wind
NE 2 km/h

Forecast

Radar Satellite


Chance of showers

Today

25 °C

A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 25. Humidex 29. UV index 6 or high.


Chance of showers

Tonight

12 °C

Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this evening. Fog patches developing near midnight. Low 12.


Mainly sunny

Friday

26 °C

Mainly sunny. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. High 26. Humidex 31. UV index 6 or high.


Clear

Friday night

12 °C

Clear. Low 12.


A mix of sun and cloud

Saturday

25 °C

A mix of sun and cloud. High 25.


Cloudy

Saturday night

15 °C

Cloudy. Low 15.


Cloudy

Sunday

20 °C

Cloudy. High 20.


Chance of showers

Sunday night

14 °C

Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 14.


Chance of showers

Monday

18 °C

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 18.


Chance of showers

Monday night

11 °C

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 11.


Rain

Tuesday

16 °C

Rain. High 16.


Periods of rain

Tuesday night

9 °C

Periods of rain. Low 9.


Chance of showers

Wednesday

14 °C

A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. High 14.


Yesterday

Low
12.3 °C
High
23.9 °C
Precipitation
0 mm

Normals

Low
8 °C
High
18 °C

Sunrise and Sunset

Sunrise
7:07 AM
Sunset
7:12 PM

Record Values

Type Period Year Value
Max 1986-2014 2010 31.0 C
Min 1986-2014 1992 -0.1 C
Rainfall 1986-2014 1996 18.6 mm
Snowfall 1986-2014 1986 0.0 cm
Precipitation 1986-2014 1996 18.6 mm
Snow On Ground 1986-2014 1986 0.0 cm

Based on Environment Canada data